Is now the time to consider EV for your fleet?
Strong public opinion around vehicle emissions and the environmental impact combined with government legislated targets is creating a fast changing backdrop. Meaning electric vehicles could be relevant for your business now.
There are already over 200,000 hybrid or electric vehicles on the road. In five years’ time there will be over one million. As electric performance and cutting edge technology evolve every day, the electric future offers more and more incredible possibilities.
Join the race to zero emissions
In September 2023 the Government announced changes to it's road to zero plan, with the switch deadline moving from 2030 to 2035, giving businesses an extra five years to transition to electric.
We understand that there is a lot of information available around the benefits and considerations when it comes to electric vehicles. Athlon have created a handy guide to help get you started on your EV fleet journey, summarising the need-to-know information whilst providing the detail in the key areas.
Access your FREE guide today!
- Lower priced EV vehicles makes them more comparable with existing petrol and diesel models
- Reduced Vehicle Excise Duty is available for electric and hybrid vehicles
- A full charge at home can cost as little as £3
- Zero congestion charge
- Government plug-in car grants of up to £1,500 for cars and £5,000 for large vans
- Incentives for employees to install home charging units with grants of up to £350
- Faster and more affordable home chargers are becoming increasingly available
- Over 25,000 public charging points currently in the UK – rising to 100k by 2024
- 96% of motorway services already have rapid chargers that can charge the average pure electric car to 80% in just 30 minutes
More miles per charge
The new breed of electric vehicles can drive for over 200 miles on a single charge, helping to reduce drivers range anxiety.
Zero emissions, zero BIK
Pure electric company cars registered before 6th April 2020 pay zero BIK.
Increasing to just 1% and 2% in 2021/22 and 2022/23 respectively.
More power to you
Do you like to read more, are you curious about our related solutions and cases, or would you like to find out what Athlon can do for you?
Rethink your mobility when it comes to the trends we are facing.All challenges